At Protective Packaging Ltd, we’re committed to protecting, ensuring and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when, where and why we collect personal information from you as a user of this website, how we use it, the reasons under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) / EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR), the data controller is Protective Packaging Ltd, Dane Road Industrial Estate, Dane Road, Cheshire M33 7BH.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 0161 976 2006.
Alternatively, by writing to Protective Packaging, FAO Data Protection, Unit 4, Dane Road, Sale, Cheshire M33 7BH.
Protective Packaging Ltd is a world leading packaging supplier of climatic packaging solutions. Protective Packaging Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with the registered name Protective Packaging Ltd whose registered address is Dane Road Industrial Estate, Dane Road, Sale, Cheshire M33 7BH. The registered VAT number is 519596993.
We obtain information about you when you enquire about our products or services or place an order for them. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys or provide feedback. This information can be collected via our website, email, and telephone or other written communications. Website usage information is collected using Cookies.
The personal information that we collect might include your company name, address, your name and job title as well as contact information such as email address, telephone number and fax number.
Your IP address, web browser type and information regarding what pages are accessed and when may be collected automatically.
We may process personal information if you have previously consented or for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- process a quote / order you have requested;
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise
- improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- to enhance security of our networks and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with websites
- to provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
- process a job application
Protective Packaging Ltd retains your information while you / your company remain an active client, unless you ask us to delete your information.
If you stop being an active client we will retain your information for 2 years unless you request that your details be deleted before this date; however we will only contact you if you have provided us with consent or we believe the information we intend to send to you could be of ‘legitimate interest’ to you or your company.
If you have signed up to receive our newsletter / requested information from us, we will retain your information until you request to be removed / deleted. Subject to the exceptions described below, Protective Packaging Ltd deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Protective Packaging Ltd may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding invoice on your account.
- Protective Packaging Ltd may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention.
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive marketing information from us about our products and services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the contact forms which we collect information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time as well as request to be forgotten by contacting us by email email@example.com or telephone on 0161 976 2006.
We’re working on better ways for you to access and update your information as the accuracy of your data is important to us. In the meantime, if you change any of you personal information, or any of the information is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Unit 4, Dane Road Industrial Estate, Dane Road, Sale, Cheshire M33 7BH.
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a “data subject access request” under GDPR 2016. If we hold information about you we will:
– give you a description of it;
– tell you why we are holding it;
– tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
– let you have a copy
Any formal subject access request should be made in writing to the address Unit 4, Dane Road Industrial Estate, Dane Road, Sale, Cheshire M33 7BH. This will be provided Free of Charge. However we may charge a reasonable fee for repetitive, unfounded, or excessive requests or additional copies.
– Right to Recification – the right to request the controller rectify inaccurate personal data.
– Right to Object – the right to object to processing based on either public interests or legitimate interests. Processing must stop, unless the controller demonstrates compelling grounds for continuing the processing or that the processing is necessary in connection with the controller’s legal rights.
– Right to Object to Direct Marketing
– Right to be Forgotten – the right to have the controller erase personal data without undue delay. Contingent on the occurrence of one of the following:
o The data is no longer necessary;
o The data subject withdraws consent (and consent is the legal basis for processing);
o Controller has no overriding grounds for continuing processing against the objectification;
o Processing was unlawful;
o Erasure is necessary with EU or national law.
– Right to Restrict Processing – the right to have the controller restrict processing if:
o The accuracy of the data is contested;
o Processing is unlawful;
o The controller no longer needs the data for its original purpose, but needs it for legal purposes;
o Erasure is pending.
– Right of Data Portability – the right to receive a copy of your data in a commonly used machine-readable format for transfer to another controller. This will either be in .xls or .csv format.
Data Security is of great importance to Protective Packaging Ltd and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to ensure that it is treated securely.
We strive to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet, and you do so at your own risk. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and we ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Profiling – We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
It is possible to turn off Cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on Cookies, please see this helpful article here.
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). For example, this may happen if any of our servers are located in a country outside of the EU.
These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. In the case that we do transfer you information outside of the EU, we will take steps to ensure that the appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in the policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
We keep this Policy under regular review. This policy was last updated April 2018.