Aluminium Barrier Foils comprise of 3 or 4 layers of different materials, bonded together with adhesive or extrusion
The Aluminium layer is an extremely important material in laminates and is used in a wide variety of industries to provide both Dried Product Protection and Corrosion Prevention. Barrier Foil protects the integrity of any application where deterioration of the
- Oxygen Ingress
- U.V. Light
- Temperature Extremes
- Mould & Fungi Growth
- Grease & Oils
Typical Construction of Aluminium Barrier Foil:
An indication of the performance of Aluminium Barrier Foil is provided by their Water Vapour Transmission Rate (W.V.T.R.) which at <0.01 gm/m²/24hr for the laminate itself and less than <0.05gm/m²/24hrs for converted laminate, is lower than any known flexible packaging material.
Within a heat-sealed Aluminium Barrier Foil Bag/Liner, a calculated amount of desiccant can be added to ensure that relative humidity (RH) remains well below 40% – the starting point for corrosion.
What are the benefits of using Barrier Foil?
- Eliminate Corrosion
- Protects Hydroscopic products from moisture ingress and damage
. Atmosphericallysensitive products are protected from the outside environment.
- Reduce Desiccant Usage and thus overall shipping weight
- Cut out preservation methods requiring cleaning
- Eliminate the need to re-dry products
- Eliminates Odour transfer, into or out of the pack
- Reduces the need to invest in modified atmosphere storage
- Outer packaging cleanliness
- Suitable for Hot-fill applications
- European pharmacopoeia and FDA approvals
- Suitable for Anti-Static Applications
- Allows outer containers to be re-used
We have over 30 years of experience in the design, manufacture and supply of customised aluminium barrier foil bags and liners. Our Aluminium Barrier Foils are available in a wide range of specifications and can be manufactured to suit individual requirements. Take a look at our product range, here.