Protective Packaging Limited are looking for a suitably qualified (ISO and NEBOSH) candidate to fill this position.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Operations Manager, the QHS Manager would be responsible for coordinating the activities required to meet and maintain our quality ISO 9001 standards and is also responsible for liaising with other managers and staff throughout the company to ensure that quality procedures and processes are complied with. There is a strong focus on Health & Safety within the role, working in partnership with staff to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries in the workplace.
It is required that this position will internally market the Company’s ethos of “Quality is Everyone’s Business” and ensure there is an ongoing total buy-in.
The overall aim of the QHS Manager is to ensure that Protective Packaging Ltd products are consistently fit for purpose. The QHS Manager will monitor the performance of the quality management system, producing data and reports on performance and agree corrective actions relating to customer complaints and supplier discrepancies with an aim to mitigate the number of internal quality complaints and issues to eliminate supplier quality issues.
- Ensure that safe practices and procedures are followed by all personnel
- Understand and comply with all applicable requirements of the Company’s ISO quality system as documented in the Quality Manual, System Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Prepare the Company for the transition to ISO 9001:2015 and ensure a smooth changeover.
- Manage the systems including maintaining and controlling a proactive site document system, conducting internal audits to measure compliance and identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure that our key suppliers are religiously meeting the requirements of our purchasing specifications and enforce compliance.
- Maintain and control an effective calibration system.
- Collaborate with staff on continuous improvement directives
- Coordinate customer audits, compliance and responses required due to customer audits.
- Work directly with all departments to generate a safe and quality operation
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine reasons for unstable processes that create product variances and develop corrective actions to combat them
- Manage, instruct and train the quality control team
- Develop a programme of external supplier audits which will require overseas visits.
- Make joint visits to customers with our commercial representation.
Health & Safety
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- To carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Preparing health and safety strategies and further developing internal policy.
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers.
- Conduct accident investigations and preparation of investigation reports.
- Implementation of corrective measures from accident reports.
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect our industry.
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment.
- Advising on a range of areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
Personal profile and key skills
- Hands on approach to all tasks
- Results orientated
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and ambitious
- Confident, assertive and proactive
- Methodical and organised approach to work
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Equally capable of working as part of a team or under own initiative
- Confident decision maker
- Self driven
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy of inputting information
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good planner
- Prepared to travel and potentially stay away when required
Knowledge and Experience
|Education||Essential||GCSEs (Maths, English, IT)|
|Essential||Understanding and hands on experience of manufacturing and/or FMCG industry|
|Skills||Essential||MS Office in particular Word, Excel and Access|
|Training Certificates||Essential||Internal Auditing ISO 9001:2008|
|Essential||Lead/External Audit Certification 9001:2008|
|Essential||NEBOSH National General Certificate or Diploma|
|Desirable||cGMP DIN Assessor courses|
If you would like to apply for this position please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org