Desiccant is used within packaged products to absorb any existing water vapour that may be trapped inside.
A calculated amount of desiccant can be placed into your barrier foil bags to remove existing water vapour or neutralise the small amounts of water vapour which may pass through the barrier foil.
For Temperate Climates: W=11ARM+DF
For Tropical Climates: W=40ARM+DF
BRITISH STANDARDS BS1133-SECTION 19
W = Weight in grammes of basic desiccant.
A = Area in square metres of moisture vapor barrier.
R = Water vapour transmission rate of the barrier in grammes per square metre per 24 hours, measured at 90% RH and 38°C (100°C).
M = Maximum time in months of transit and storage.
D = Dunnage; weight in grammes of foam, cushioning, cardboard, timber and any other hygroscopic packaging.
F = Factor, depending on the type of dunnage.
If you require any assitance on calculating your desiccant requirements then please do not hesitate to contact us on 0161 976 2006.
- Maintains product quality
- Activated clay and silica gel desiccants available
- Provides measurable pack performance when used in conjunction with Barrier Foil Liners
- Any hermetically sealed package where the product needs protection from water vapour
- Wide range of commercial and military applications