Following the outcome of the UK referendum on EU membership in 2016, the UK will be leaving the European Union on the 29th March 2019. Whilst there are currently no clear decisions of the final deal, or no deal, we believe it is important to start planning now.
Protective Packaging Ltd has established a Brexit readiness team from all areas of our business to understand and plan for the risks and opportunities which may arise with Brexit.
We’ve proactively been working with our customers and suppliers to understand the situation from their perspectives so that these can be addressed and included within our planning where feasible. As Protective Packaging Ltd source the majority of its key raw materials from Europe, the potential break in supply of materials has become the main driver of our planning.
To mitigate any negative effects, the following proactive steps have been initiated:
- Keeping abreast of all Brexit developments and changes that affect our business and stakeholders, reviewing ‘our plan’ accordingly.
- ‘Supply chain mapping’ with our suppliers for all major manufactured inputs to consider where supplies originate.
- Increasing stockholding of key raw materials here at Protective Packaging Ltd.
- Holding consignment stocks in the UK to bolster our already prompt delivery times.
- Working with our logistics providers to negate delays and so avoid late deliveries.
- Building on our current export knowledge of shipping to non-EU countries.
As developments occur with the negotiations that could impinge on our current proactive steps we will work to modify and amend the plan before broadcasting the changes to all stakeholders.
If you have any questions with respect to the impact of Brexit on your relationship or business with Protective Packaging Ltd, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will ensure that your concerns are addressed and included in our planning.